Happy National Blood Donor Month!
Community Blood Center teamed up with elected officials and hospital leaders to celebrate National Blood Donor Month, encouraging blood donations and aiming to end blood shortages in the region. A joint press conference was held on Friday, January 5th at CBC’s headquarters.
In attendance were several elected officials and hospitals leaders, including:
- Mayor Quinton Lucas, Mayor of Kansas City, MO
- Missouri State Senator Lauren Arthur
- Missouri State Representatives Ashley Aune, Aaron Crossley, Patty Lewis, Kemp Strickler, and Emily Weber
- Kansas State Representatives Chris Croft and Jarrod Ousley
- Children’s Mercy President & CEO, Paul Kempinski
- North Kansas City Hospital CEO, Dr. Stephen Reintjes
- AdventHealth CEO, Sam Huenergardt and Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Lisa Hays
- St. Joseph Medical Center CEO, Jodi Fincher
The event was recorded and can be viewed here. Additionally, it received media coverage from all broadcast TV stations in Kansas City: