Volunteer At The Community Blood Center
Community Blood Center is currently looking for energetic people to volunteer at mobile blood drives and neighborhood Donor Centers. It is another opportunity to become part of the lifesaving team. By volunteering your time with Community Blood Center you join an organization committed to providing safe and reliable blood services to 75 hospitals in 70 counties throughout Missouri and Kansas. We recognize that volunteers are talented with a variety of experiences, education and training. We will make every effort to provide a rewarding volunteer experience.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
• Blood Transport Driver:
- Transport blood and supplies to hospitals, from mobile sites and donor centers to the laboratory and main Donor Center at 4040 Main.
• Revitalization Station Aid:
- Observe donors for adverse reactions following blood donation. Alert staff if reaction occurs. Serve refreshments needed for the replenishment of fluids. Maintain an atmosphere that builds a positive long-lasting relationship with donors. Schedule future donation appointments.
• Donor Ambassador:
- Greet donors, provide direction and assistance through the donation process. Answer donor questions and educate donors about different types of donation options. Provide positive customer service that shows appreciation and encourages future donations. Schedule future donation appointments.
• Office Support Volunteer:
- Assist various offices of the blood center. Type of work may include; assisting with mailings, data entry, answering phones, filing, copying, scanning, donor gift inventory management and other duties.
• Special Event Volunteer:
- Assist donors and staff with various aspect of a special event blood drive. Duties may include; providing direction and assistance to donors, folding t-shirts, set up and tear down of equipment, grilling and serving refreshments.
• Facilities Volunteer:
- Assist with minor repairs and maintenance of Donor Centers.
• Warehouse Volunteer:
- Pack supplies in boxes on carts for next day’s mobile drives. Restock supplies. Repackage and store returning supplies from mobile drives.
• Donor Scheduling Assistant:
- Call potential blood donors from an established list of previous donors for mobile blood drives. Record appointments scheduled and changes to donor information. Calling may be done at the volunteer’s convenience from home.
If you would like to volunteer for the Community Blood Center, please fill out our online Prospective Volunteer Profile today.
If you would like more information, please contact Volunteer Services at 816-968-4079, or email firstname.lastname@example.org